Friday 24 August 2007

'The Shaolin Workout'


My brother came to stay recently with his wife and three children, (one six month baby) so I moved out into the garden and built a bender that could stand up to the torrential downpours and crazy wind we've been having. So I cut the hazel poles, made some pegs, and using any bits of cordage I could find proceeded to wrestle with tarps for the afternoon, until I had my new house! There's nothing like building your own home in a day, and then moving in. I'm just in the process of making a video of it, but here's some photos in the meantime.I've also begun to practise Sifu Sin Yang Ming's 28 day workout using 'The Shaolin Workout' an introduction to shaolin kung fu/chan buddhism and I have to say... Read More...

tags - shaolin workout, 28 days to transforming your body and soul, Sifu Sin yang Ming, New York Shaolin Temple, The Wu Tang Clan, shelter building, wikkiup, wickiup, bender, hazel rods, poles, pegs, axeuse, folding saw, simple shelters, tarps, tarpaulin, use

No comments:

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe