Thursday 24 May 2007

Return of the Tribe - 'Mum, Dad - I think I'm Human'

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing Macintyre's Edge of Existence after watching the Return of the Tribe. It highlighted so many perceptions about our society that I have always held and share with the Papua New Guineans who came to visit. No wonder living in the West fits me like an ill-fitting suit. So the Chief says after his return from the UK 'There will be no development here', his village Sagap will remain as it is, (except for a new doctor and some medicine supplies); that was the bit that made me smile - hearing him talk about how everything costs money and in his village they have everything they need without it. Read more...

Related Articles:- Habitat-Shelter from the Skin Up,
The Backyard Bushcraft Experience,
What is my ecological footprint?,
Learning to Identify Plants
free medicine, free health

tags - return of the tribe, Sagap, Macintyre, Edge of Existence, hunter gatherers, tracking, sustainable living, heart disease, longjevity, social network

No comments:

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe