Saturday 23 June 2007

'Navigation Using the Sun' guest article by Mark Bradshaw

'Where am I?'


Introduction
A basic introduction to a few methods of ROUGH direction finding using the position and movement of the sun in the sky.

Mark Bradshaw writes of himself:-Born in Manchester, I joined the army at 16 after rebelling against an education that was better than I deserved. I served as a tank gunner before moving into reconnaissance where I became a section commander. I completed soviet studies at the intelligence school at Ashford in Kent then did a stint at the International Long Range Reconnaissance School in Weingarten. I also qualified as a Schools Instructor at the Royal Armoured Corps radio school in Bovington. In my spare time I climbed throughout Germany and Sardinia, and canoed from Guatemala to the Mexican Gulf through Belize. I also managed to spend several winters cross country skiing in Norway. I currently work for a UK Police force in the training department.
Some rights reserved mboutdoors@mac.com Mark Bradshaw/Mountainboy 2007
tags - navigation sun, orientation, orienteering, direction, finding, compass, bearing, sun navigation, learning navigation, teach yourself navigation, homestudy, online

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That Mark Bradshaw is one intelligent chap... ;)

Louise said...

Hi Louise, I have tagged you for the Thinking Bloggers Award. I love your whole approach to life and your blogs definitely make me think. Cheers

Louise Brookes said...

Wow, Louise. that's a real accolade, thank you very much. LB

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe